Friday, August 8, 2014

Cruise Ship


Went on a cruise!
Came back with norovirus, damn 3rd world savages they have working on the boats these days.  The ship was fairly run down, especially for Royal Caribbean.  I mean, look, this is the information age and there's precious little online about your boat, your shore excursions, the location.  That's just laziness.  When we got there to board, and just like 15 years ago, you have to wait for hours for your cabin to be ready.
Why?
It's not like they're in there cleaning.
Don't believe me?  When we do check in, there's a broken mirrored cabinet door hanging by one hinge, there's no shampoo in the dispenser, there's no kleenex, and the bathroom REEKS of eye-watering mildew the whole cruise.  It was bad.
And we were pretty bored out of our skulls the whole week.  Our last cruise?  Comedy shows, ice skating, inline skating, golf...this cruise?  Well, they had a swimming pool.  It was packed with people every second it was open.
And that's another thing, I HATE that when you get into port, the whole ship closes down.  The pools and hot tubs are drained, no rock climbing, no anything.  After all these years, they're still doing this?  I paid for it, you know?
And the Bahamas suck now.  The ship promotes all these diamond stores and that's pretty much all there is up the one road--jewelry stores.  Now, diamonds don't come from anywhere near the Caribbean.  Why would they sell them here?  I went to the straw market but it's 1 zillion booths with the exact same tacky trinkets that no sane person would have any use for and I couldn't spend a cent there.  Oh, but they do sell bottled Jamaican spices in all the stores.  Um...THIS ISN'T JAMAICA! 

So I guess the Bahamas have utterly nothing of any value whatsoever of their own.  








I went for the tilt-shift, LOL
 
Here's a Norwegian Sky

Yeah, all the ships go to their own private island, right next to another ships and their own private islands.




At least I didn't get sick on the ship.  By the way, the power of soap and water, NO ONE got sick here because I wash my hands.  I had a house full of people all week and it was just me who was sick.  And yes, I even cooked and made snacks for people and no one got sick.  WASH YOUR HANDS!  It's that simple.  


No comments: