Thursday, November 28, 2013

Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey?

     I've been going over this recipe in my head a few days.  I'm using leftover roasted chicken.  Works the same with leftover Thanksgiving turkey, as you can imagine.
And THIS is 100% SCD diet compatible and absolutely paleo!

Now the recipe is loosely based on your personal tastes and how many leftovers you have.  Here's what I did:

  • 4 cups of chopped cooked chicken/turkey
  • 1 chopped stalk of celery
  • 1 tbls sage
  • 1 tbls rosemary
  • 1 tbls thyme
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 onion
  • salt and white pepper to taste
  • 3 eggs to hold it all together
Technically, I use this:


I send everything through and it comes out a nice diced mixed product.  But you can chop everything super fine and get the same results (but why would you WANT to?  Sheesh, that's a lot of work)!

Then I take 3 more eggs in one bowl, 2 cups of ground almonds on a plate (ground in the food processor) and I make flattened meatball shaped croquettes out of the turkey mash, dip into the eggs, roll it into the ground almonds.  After that, you just fry in coconut oil and there you have it!
My sauce there is just a raspberry BBQ sauce but think of the things you could be using!

Paleo Cran-Cherry Sauce
Cranberry Sauce – Paleo/GF/DF/EF/SF/NF

3-Ingredient Paleo Cranberry Sauce

No comments: