Monday, February 24, 2014

How To Recycle An Entire Plastic Bottle

Or at least make flowers that won't wilt in your garden!

Recycle, Reuse, New Life for a Plastic Bottle!
 This is a useful collection of three different art projects made from a single plastic bottle. Think it can't be done? Grab your scissors and utility knife and come with me!

  1. Starting with the top of the bottle, this first project will add some cheer to the dark corners of your yard!

 I have a pretty planter next to my door, under my carport. Now, when I moved in, it seemed bright enough.
I was mistaken.
Can't keep flowers alive there. Can't even get orchids to bloom there, so it's been hanging there, empty for 5 years.
TACKY!
A lot of potential there, it's pretty, but I got nuthin'. The carport is apparently a dead zone.
But then I saw these:

I realized that the miracle of plastic will save the day!

Painting the, "flowers," is easy. If they're going to be outside in the elements, there are many spray paints that stick to plastic. I used Krylon on my plastic water barrels and they've been perfect for 4 years now in full Florida sun and a multitude of tropical rain storms.

If they aren't going to get wet, acrylic paint is fine.

Flower-making-before I paint, I do hit the petals real quick with a heat gun so they will forever stay open.


And there it is! For the first time in 5 years, there's color in the carport!

       2)   Re-purposing the Middle of a Plastic Bottle


       3)   The Flower End? 


So there you have it!  You can completely use an entire plastic bottle to decorate you home or store front!






 

No comments: